East Midlands Academy Trust Vision and Purpose:
Every child deserves to be the best child they can be
East Midlands Academy Trust was incorporated in July 2012 for the purpose of establishing, maintaining, managing and developing academies and free schools as world class centres of excellence.
The Trust’s vision is to provide every single child with the opportunity to be the best that they can be. As part of this vision, East Midlands Academy Trust aims to develop centres of excellence for leadership and teaching and learning and where pupils are safe and engaged in their learning. The Trust is driven by the moral purpose of making a significant difference in areas where failure has been ingrained and ambitions stunted.
Key elements of our vision
- Rapidly become a world class academy trust with a national and international voice
- Establish world class academies and schools that are centres of excellence for leadership, teaching and learning and are flagships and centres of learning for other academies and schools.
- Be driven by a moral purpose to transform opportunities and change life chances of children and young people who live in challenging times as well as challenging places.
- Work in partnership with learners, their families, communities and businesses, to raise aspirations, foster great expectations and achieve ambitious goals.
East Midlands Academy Trust currently sponsors five primary academies and one secondary academy, with an all-through free school that opened in September 2016.
Key Elements of our approach
- Strong leadership that transforms the culture
- The pursuit of excellence is demonstrated by an uncompromising and successful drive for improvement in the leadership and management of teaching, learning and progression
- Recognising the role of teachers and developing them
- Excellent governance that challenges, supports and holds to account
- Outstanding teaching and pedagogical knowledge
- Confident independent learners
- A broad and balanced curriculum that has expert knowledge and individual needs at its core
- High aspirations and expectations of all who work in our academies and schools that every pupil is able to succeed
- A ‘no excuses’ behaviour policy
- Secure and effective partnerships with parents/carers, businesses and the local community